Patriotic Poetry: The Cry From the Dust Poetry Collection
New Books: The Mormon Religion is Still True
"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger they will not follow...." John 10:4-5
American Indians will come to a knowledge that they are of the house of Israel:
1. And now, behold, I would speak somewhat unto the remnant of this people who are spared, if it so be that God may give unto them my words, that they may know of the things of their fathers; yea, I speak unto you, ye remnant of the house of Israel; and these are the words which I speak:
2. Know ye that ye are of the house of Israel.
3. Know ye that ye must come unto repentance, or ye cannot be saved.
4. Know ye that ye must lay down your weapons of war...
5. Know ye that ye must come to the knowledge of your fathers, and repent of all your sins and iniquities, and believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he was slain by the Jews, and by the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained victory over the grave; and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up.
6. And he bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead, whereby man must be raised to stand before his judgment seat.
7. And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.
8. Therefore repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus, and lay hold upon the gospel of Christ, which shall be set before you, not only in his record, but also in the record which shall come unto the Gentiles from the Jews (the Bible), which record shall come from the Gentiles unto you.
9. For behold, this is written for the intent that ye may believe that (the Bible); and if ye may believe that ye will believe this also; and if ye believe this ye will know concerning your fathers, and also the marvelous works which were wrought by the power of God among them.
10. And ye will also know that ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob; therefore ye are numbered among the people of the first covenant; and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he has commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment. Amen. (Mormon 7)
Book of Mormon, 1st Nephi, Chapter 15, verses 11 - 15 quote "Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said? If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
"Behold, I say unto you, that the house of Israel was compared unto an olive tree, by the Spirit of the Lord which was in our father; and behold are we not broken off from the house of Israel, and are we not a branch of the house of Israel?
"And now, the thing which our father meaneth concerning the grafting in of the natural branches through the fulness of the Gentiles, is, that in the latter days, when our seed shall have dwindled in unbelief, yea, for the space of many years, and many generations after the Messiah shall be manifested in body unto the children of men, then shall the fulness of the gospel of the Messiah come unto the Gentiles, and from the Gentiles unto the remnant of our seed__
"And at that day shall the remnant of our seed (the Lamanites of this latter day) know that they are of the house of Israel, and that they are the covenant people of the Lord; and then shall they know and come to the knowledge of their forefathers, and also to the knowledge of the gospel of their Redeemer, which was ministered unto their fathers by him; wherefore, they shall come to the knowledge of their Redeemer and the very points of his doctrine, that they may know how to come unto him and be saved.
"And then at that day will they not rejoice and give praise unto their everlasting God, their rock and their salvation"?
Jacob Chapter 4; verses 2-3, quote: "... but we can write a few words upon plates, which will give our children, (the American Indians) a small degree of knowledge concerning us, or concerning their Fathers --Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates; hoping that our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents."